The key to running a successful business is having good systems and processes. Flying by the seat of your pants can work for a while, but if you want to build a better business, you need systems. Good systems create better relationships with customers and makes the entire process smoother for everyone involved.
A system is about how you do business: moving a customer from first contact to proposal to contract. A system formalises that process. It offers consistency and frees you up to do better work.
Your marketing is an important part of the Critical Client Flow CCF process, but it is only the start.
Dave Jenyns - founder of SystemHUB and an expert in the field, calls the process Systemology, and those that have mastered their business systems and processes Systemologists.
Here's a simple flowchart of a business system...[CHART]
An effective system is three things:
- A consistent set of tools and processes for every client, every project, every time.
- A repeatable process. The business needs to be able to function on its own.
- A constantly evolving organism. Every difficult encounter with a client is an opportunity to improve the process.
Here are several ways a system helps:
- Make the business more efficient, more productive, and more profitable.
- Make the work more enjoyable.
- Bring value to the business.
- Build a business that scales.
Where the website fits in, the tools that link your website to the rest - that's what I offer...